What are we going to do about mobile?

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 16 02:20:36 PDT 2017

Am Sun, 16 Apr 2017 10:13:50 +0200
schrieb Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>:

> I asked at a recent D meetup about what gitlab CI used as their
> backing platform, and it seems like it's a front for TravisCI.  YMMV,
> but I found the Travis platform to be too slow (it was struggling to
> even build GDC in under 40 minutes), and too limiting to be used as a
> CI for large projects.

That's probably for the hosted gitlab solution though. For self-hosted
gitlab you can set up custom machines as gitlab workers. The biggest
drawback here is missing gitlab integration.

> Johannes, what if I get a couple new small boxes, one ARM, one
> non-descriptive x86.  The project site and binary downloads could then
> be used to the non-descriptive box, meanwhile the ARM box and the
> existing server can be turned into a build servers - there's enough
> disk space and memory on the current server to have a at least half a
> dozen build environments on the current server, testing also i386 and
> x32 would be beneficial along with any number cross-compilers
> (testsuite can be ran with runnable tests disabled).

Sounds like a plan. What CI server should we use though?

I tried concourse-ci which seems nice at first, but it's too
opinionated to be useful for us (now worker cache, no way for newer
commits to auto-cancel builds for older commits, ...)

-- Johannes