Thoughts from newcommer

Jerry via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 16 19:56:00 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 16 April 2017 at 22:18:51 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> On Sunday, 16 April 2017 at 18:36:30 UTC, Jerry wrote:
>> I wouldn't really call them RAII containers if they aren't
>> @nogc
>
> Moving the goal posts again. Even still,
>
> void main() @nogc
> {
>     Array!int ai;
>     ai ~= 1;
>     assert(ai.front == 1);
>
>     ai.reserve(10);
>     assert(ai.capacity == 10);
>
>     static immutable arr = [1, 2, 3];
>     ai.insertBack(arr);
> }

Okay, only one container, and happens to be most simple basic
one. The others aren't nogc and some of them are even classes.
Not only that, Array wasn't @nogc until about a month ago.

No idea what you mean about goal posts. Do you mean it's not an
issue worth discussing? You made a false claim, and you still you
are still persisting in it as if having a single container be
@nogc solves the entire issue.