Thoughts from newcommer

prdan via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 18 04:19:17 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 at 07:22:29 UTC, thedeemon wrote:
> Which compiler did you use for D?

I've used newest LDC.

> In benchmarks where some fixed amount of work should be done as
> fast as possible low CPU usage is not a good sign, it just
> means some cores were idle when they could really be working.

Not in this case, there is a batch of the job that need to be
done parallel but second part is done sequential (that takes
majority of the time) so in this case this is good. Just look at
source code of the algorithm in the link I've provided.
I've also looked at callgrind and majority of the time is spent
in regex so it's good.