Compare boost::hana to D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 20 02:06:31 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 19 April 2017 at 08:19:52 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> I'm brushing up on my C++ to prepare for my C++Now 2017
> presentation[1]. boost::hana is an impressive library that
> overlaps with many D features:
>

> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_64_0_b2/libs/hana/doc/html/index.html
>
> Have you used boost::hana? What are your thoughts on it?

I've looked at it and concluded that it didn't really offer
anything substantial for me over what I can do with C++17 and my
own minor extensions to the C++ standard lib.

But I'm not really keen on pulling in boost  in general as the
best parts of it ends up in the C++ standard anyway when it is
mature...

What specifically are you finding in boost::hana that justifies
adding it as a dependency?