Compare boost::hana to D

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 20 03:52:12 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 20 April 2017 at 09:32:02 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> My motivation is learning enough about modern C++ to not make a
> fool of myself in front of an expert C++ crowd. :) If I hadn't
> known about boost::hana, I could have easily stressed D's
> compile-time features as if C++ did not have them.

Good point. People going to C++ conferences are probably more
likely to use (or play with) such libraries than the
I-just-want-stuff-done-C++ programmers.

Besides if hana has it then several C++ programmers either use
hana or have their own equivalent of it.

> Now I see that although as-always-less-readable, C++ has lots
> of compile-time features through boost::hana. For example,
> boost::hana has the equivalent of AliasSeq, and it's not too
> inconvenient.

I have seen that boost::hana has received praise in the
reddit.com/r/cpp group. You might ask there for examples of open
source projects that use it in production?