Interpolated strings

Faux Amis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 20 10:55:41 PDT 2017

On 2017-04-19 03:45, Jon Degenhardt wrote:
> On Saturday, 15 April 2017 at 20:04:13 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
>>   I've been wanting to have support for interpolated strings in D for
>> some time now that will allow you to write e.g.:
>> [...]
>
> One place I'd appreciate interpolated strings is as an option when
> working with heredoc strings. These strings are often multiple lines or
> paragraphs, using format style construction is often error-prone due to
> length.
>
> --Jon

So, that makes 2 otherwise error-prone use-cases.
The first being keeping arguments & format string in sync (Jonathan Marler).
And they actually compound! (Large strings get out of sync quicker I
would guess)

And, I would like to add that this is are very newby friendly feature.
Nowadays people might even expect a language to have this.