NG technical issues: Is it just me?

captaindet via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 20 16:19:30 PDT 2017

> When I try to select a new unread message to read, I've got roughly a
> 10% or so chance that it'll fail with a "The connection was refused when
> attempting to contact news.digitalmars.com:119."

same here, started several weeks ago, very annoying.

i have used the same local config/settings for years w/o probs, also,
have NOT upgraded thunderbird, so the issue must be on the server side.

tried the 'check for new messages every 2 minutes' hotfix suggestion
(was set to 10), but it does not help in my case.

/det