DConf 2017 Berlin - bicycles

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 21 09:49:36 PDT 2017

On 19 April 2017 at 20:22, Adrian Matoga via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> I'm arriving at Berlin Ostbahnhof on Wednesday evening and will be heading
> to Britz Hotel, but last year I learnt that the best way to get around the
> city is on a bicycle. Can you recommend a place (preferably near the
> station) where I could rent a not-so-small bike for 4 days for a reasonable
> price?
> Thanks!

Almost every single bike shop you stumble across in Berlin offers
rentals, all pretty much at the same price of around 10€ a day.  If
you have a native german to help you, maybe you'll even get a swindled
deal.

However, the one notable thing that has changed from last year is that
there's a new competitor in the form of a Lidl bike.  I've seen
literally hundreds of them inside the Berlin S-bahn ring, one major
advantage of using them is that they don't need a dedicated docking
station for you to park them in.

I'll just refer to this blog on the more fine grain details.

https://schnaeppchenfuchs.com/news/lidl-bike-berlin

Looks like they even come with a GPS locator, which probably is used
for DB's smartphone app.

https://www.lidl-bike.de/de/rad-finden

Iain.