DMD VS2017 Support

NotSpooky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 21 19:22:56 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 22 April 2017 at 02:13:09 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> There's no issue with compatibility. DMD is perfectly
> compatible with all recent versions of VS, including 2017. The
> issue is that 2017 has changed its directory tree and the DMD
> *installer* can't pick it up automatically. Now that the
> breakage is known, the next the installer will be updated and
> the next (hopefully) DMD release will include it.

Oh ok so it works with all of them.

I don't have Windows so I don't know if this has changed, but
last time I tried to install dmd there it asked to install VS
2013, I know some people that didn't want to install DMD because
VS is huge, now that the build tools are an option maybe that's
the one the installer should suggest (or maybe even suggest both).