Python : Pythonista / Ruby: Rubyist : / D : ?

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 21 21:20:40 PDT 2017

On Friday, April 21, 2017 17:20:14 Vasudev Ram via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I hope the question is self-evident from the message subject. If
> not, it means: what are D developers generally called (to
> indicate that they develop in D)? The question occurred to me
> somehow while browsing some D posts on the forums just now.
>
> DLanger? DLangist? D'er? Doer? :)
>
> I tend to favor DLanger, FWIW.
>
> Interested to know, just for fun ...
>
> I do realize that there may not be commonly known or accepted
> terms like this for all languages. For example, I don't know if
> there is such a term for a C or C++ developer. Might make for an
> interesting thread.

I've never heard of anyone doing anything like this in any language.
Normally, you'd just say that someone is a D programmer or a C++ programmer
or a Java Programmer, etc. But then again, I come from a C++ background, not
a scripting language background, and the folks who primarily use scripting
languages often tend to look at things differently.

- Jonathan M Davis