DIP 1005 - Preliminary Review Round 1

Jon Degenhardt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 23 18:32:23 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 23 April 2017 at 12:03:47 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 4/22/17 4:52 PM, Joakim wrote:
>> Why is this still up for review?
>
> Mostly out of a sense of conformity. We asked Michael to give
> no special treatment of DIPs originating from us, and this one
> was open, so he put it up for review. It is likely it will end
> up rejected in favor of
> https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pull/1756.

The DIP mentions dependency-tracking tools, an important
consideration. For both the DIP and the PR it'd be worth
identifying if changes will be required in D dependency-tracking
tools (dmd/ldc/gdc --deps; rdmd --make-depends) or 3rd party
tools in common use.

--Jon