Python : Pythonista / Ruby: Rubyist : / D : ?

Vasudev Ram via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 24 15:41:08 PDT 2017

On Friday, 21 April 2017 at 17:20:14 UTC, Vasudev Ram wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I hope the question is self-evident from the message subject.
> If not, it means: what are D developers generally called (to
> indicate that they develop in D)? The question occurred to me
> somehow while browsing some D posts on the forums just now.
>
> DLanger? DLangist? D'er? Doer? :)
>
> I tend to favor DLanger, FWIW.
>
> Interested to know, just for fun ...
>
> I do realize that there may not be commonly known or accepted
> terms like this for all languages. For example, I don't know if
> there is such a term for a C or C++ developer. Might make for
> an interesting thread.
>
> Cheers,
> Vasudev
> Site: https://vasudevram.github.io
> Dlang posts: https://jugad2.blogspot.com/search/label/dlang
> Python posts: https://jugad2.blogspot.com/search/label/python

I was reading some of the replies over the last few days, have
replied to a couple of them, and saw some more.

Enjoyed reading some of the responses that were in the same fun
and innocuous spirit in which I wrote the post. (The D-series of
terms, I mean - cool and creative, guys :)

Was surprised by some of the other reactions, many of which are
probably due to misinterpretation of what I wrote. Will be
replying to some more comments, as I think is needed, in a couple
of days, but meanwhile, some of those commenters may find
something to think about (w.r.t. to claims or "deductions" they
have made about (their) perceived meaning of my original post),
in this article, an interview of me from over a year ago:

https://www.blog.pythonlibrary.org/2015/05/18/pydev-of-the-week-vasudev-ram/

In particular, pay specific attention to my replies to the
interviewer about favorite  programming languages, and see how
well (not!) that correlates with claims or "deductions" that you
made here.