multiple `alias this` suggestion

Carl Sturtivant via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 26 18:18:35 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 26 April 2017 at 20:19:19 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> This is interesting, and would be timely to discuss before an
>> implementation of
>> multiple alias this gets started. -- Andrei
>
> mixin templates already have an established method for
> resolving overloads and such with the names they introduce. Any
> multiple alias this solution should investigate any parallels
> with that.

The suggestion for multiple alias this I postulate in the
original post in this thread is a clean way to avoid that
complexity. Here's a summary.
https://forum.dlang.org/post/vkqriubvydntloptgfit@forum.dlang.org

I am leaning toward the view that with some template support from
a small library, to help use it effectively inside templates,
that it provides a simple and effective solution to the problem.
Here's one postulated template.
https://forum.dlang.org/post/irjupadpohusatrzowqu@forum.dlang.org