multiple `alias this` suggestion

Daniel N via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 26 22:41:43 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 26 April 2017 at 18:34:48 UTC, Carl Sturtivant
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 April 2017 at 15:00:30 UTC, Steven
> Schveighoffer wrote:
>> I think you can appreciate that this doesn't scale. Imagine a
>> case which has 2 or 3 optional alias this items.
>>
>> -Steve
>
> Agreed, not manually, as it is exponential in the number of
> conditions.

Image using frameworks which conveniently allow adding features
to a struct...

struct Beholder
{
   mixin Entity!Movable;
   mixin Render!"Beholder.png";
}

... then you couldn't even solve it manually without rewriting
the framework.

With distributed 'alias this' you could seamlessly combine any
number of frameworks from different vendors.