DConf Hackathon Ideas

Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 27 15:57:48 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 27 April 2017 at 19:55:44 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> On Thursday, 27 April 2017 at 17:47:19 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 27 April 2017 at 17:06:39 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>>>
>>> Another big issue for me is using dub in a company. Big
>>> companies do not want to use the official dub repository due
>>> to security issues. They want to run their own dub repository
>>> with dub packages they have done code checks. That means also
>>> the git projects are mirrored in git repositories within the
>>> company. First step into this direction is to have the
>>> possibility to specify the dub repository address within the
>>> dub.json.
>>
>> Is there a problem with just using the dub command line
>> arguments for this?
>> # cat > /usr/local/bin/company-dub
>> #! /bin/sh
>> /usr/bin/env dub --skip-registry=standard
>> --registry=YOUR_COMPANYS_REGISTRY
>
> As workaround this is possible. Every developer and in every
> continious integration build step, dub is used, you have to
> remember to use these arguments. Defining it one time in
> dub.json would be great.

Alright, I take your point. Since the internal functionality
itself is already there, this seems like an easy fix (just add a
new field to the json/sdlang parsing of dub and bind it to what
the CLI arguments already do). Have you opened a dub issue about
this (first step to getting an issue fixed and so on), I wasn't
able to find one on first glance?