Interesting PRs: bringing type system legitimacy to shared allocators

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 27 18:12:39 PDT 2017

On 04/27/2017 07:12 PM, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:

> Wasn't one major selling point of compile time introspection / duck
> typing that we could stop using interfaces such... naming schemes?

Not that I speak for everyone, but the way I see it, no, the duck typing
aspect is just something that's to be tolerated. The real gold is simply
being freed from both the rigid mess and the runtime costs of
class/interface hierarchies. I wish we DID have to include some kind of
"implements ForwardRange" or "enum _thisStructImplements_ForwardRange"
or some such to declare a type actually intends to be a ForwardRange (or
whatever) and isn't merely qualifying as one by coincidence.