Garbage Collector?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 28 02:12:03 PDT 2017

On Friday, 28 April 2017 at 09:02:19 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
> On Friday, 28 April 2017 at 08:26:28 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
> wrote:
>> If it isn't sound then it isn't worth mentioning...
>
> So you claim...

Actually, unsound lifetime management is worse than nothing as
far as correctness goes... so I guess it is worth mentioning as a
warning rather than a recommendation.

If D had ownership pointers then it would've been possible to
sort this out, but D is perpetually locked to the current
pointer/GC model for reasons that aren't particularly convincing,
i.e. beliefs.