Garbage Collector?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 28 07:59:46 PDT 2017

On Friday, 28 April 2017 at 09:40:07 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
> I'm sorry, but that's just plain wrong. D does not have
> ownership pointers because nobody that wants them has stepped
> up and
> 1) Done the work of drafting an informal proposal that
> *actually deals with _all_ of the issues involved*

Wrong. This has been discussed and hashed out to death over and
over again. The solutions are on the table.

Walter's position has always been that having more than a single
pointer type is a disaster.

That makes further work on it pointless.

(Although, arguably, D kinda has several pointer types already).