Garbage Collector?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 28 13:21:34 PDT 2017

On Friday, 28 April 2017 at 20:13:58 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
> Both of these, however, show only that he doesn't seem to
> personally like multiple pointer types (and consequently
> doesn't seem to have any interest in working on them himself);
> that's not the same as him claiming that it "is a disaster" (in
> general, which is what you were implying).

There are other threads. This is a recurring topic...

> What you consider not pointless is your business, again, but if
> you don't try to get it in the core language, you have no
> foundation to complain that's it's not in there.

There are no example I know of where something has gone into the
D language that is going against the aesthetics Walter value...
Which isn't surprising.

There are also few examples of new features going in at the
language level based on external DIPs. Do you have any good
examples? (Not standard lib, but language features).