List of major changes in D since 2010?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 29 18:05:50 PDT 2017

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 09:45:36PM +0000, Ichneumwn via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use Andrei Alexandrescu's "The D Programming Language" as my main
> reference for the D language. I was wondering if there is a list of
> major developments/changes to D since the 2010 publication of the
> book? Just the language itself, not the libraries/packages.

There's the errata to the book itself:

	http://erdani.com/tdpl/errata/

> The information will be indirectly available in the reference
> documentation on dlang.org, ChangeLog and (partly?) DIPs but an
> overview would be awfully nice. Does anyone know of such a list?
[...]

I don't know if there's a brief overview of everything that has
happened, but you could go to the latest release changelog and the
navigation bar there also links to older changelogs all the way back to
version 2.000, so at least the information should be there.

If you look at a thing nine hundred and ninety-nine times, you are perfectly safe; if you look at it the thousandth time, you are in frightful danger of seeing it for the first time. -- G. K. Chesterton