[OT] Alternative to Thunderbird (was: Re: NG technical issues: Is it just me?)

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 1 16:58:43 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 03:50:02PM -0700, Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> Perhaps I should get used to reading news and email with Emacs
> already. :/
[...]

I've been using Mutt for years, and quite happy with it.  There's a
version/patch floating around somewhere that has built-in NNTP support,
but IME it's a little klunky with high-traffic newsgroups.  I just use
the mailing list interface to the D forums, and things work perfectly.

The best part of using Mutt is that it has full threading support, so if
a particular topic doesn't interest you, you can delete the entire
(sub)thread with a single keystroke.  Indispensible for handling busy
forums like this one.

Freedom of speech: the whole world has no right *not* to hear my spouting off!