[OT] Generative C++

12345swordy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 3 16:26:40 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 3 August 2017 at 20:56:38 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 03.08.2017 22:06, 12345swordy wrote:

>>> I don't understand the relevance of this sentence.

>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boehm_garbage_collector

>>> How does that make my question ridiculous?
>> You are splinting hairs here.
>
> That's a quite poetic way to describe the futility of my
> endeavor to engage you in a productive discussion. Also see
> http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/splinting . [1]

Not my problem if you don't like my answer. If you going to
dispute my usage of the phrase "splinting hairs" by post a link
to the said phrase and not actually point of the error of it then
don't be surprised that if I dismiss it.

>> The gc that you linked is a third party library, that is not
>> the same as having it built into the language itself.
>
> The C++ @nogc implementation would also not be built-in, and
> whether or not the memory allocator in question is built-in has
> no bearing on whether my question was ridiculous or not. (I.e.
> you are splitting hairs.)

I never said anything about a C++ @nogc implementation, that was
you misreading my post. Which again is ridiculous, as c++ does
not have gc built in. Apparently you don't understand that.

>> Clear difference.
>
> Clear, yet irrelevant.

Nope very relevant. Otherwise by that logic then c++03 have
variadic templates by using the boost tuple library.

> BTW: If you are not interested in actually discussing the
> applicability of the proposal to enforcing coding standards to
> the point you outlined (@safe and @nogc), we can stop at any
> time. I was just curious how you would achieve this.

It quite understandable that you misunderstood my post that I had
wrote.