dlang symbolic algebra library?

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 4 11:52:28 PDT 2017

On Friday, 4 August 2017 at 16:51:12 UTC, Schrom, Brian T wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 04, 2017 at 09:31:16AM +0000, olzhas via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>> Can anyone advise a symbolic algebra library written in dlang?
>
> I've been looking for something akin to https://www.ginac.de/
> as well.

I wonder how difficult it would be to create bindings to ginac.
Supposedly D is good at interoperating with C++ now.

Some time ago I did use ginac from D, but a little differently.
There is little advantage to using D for the symbolic algebra
part. I wrote up a C++ library with functions to do the
calculations, created a .so, and called it from D. Then I decided
I didn't want to mess with C++ at all, so I wrote a D function
that would take the symbolic algebra part as a string, compile a
C++ library, and I used that from D. I suppose that is a bit of a
hack, but it only took a few minutes to add that functionality to
D. Writing a quality symbolic algebra library would take many
years and wouldn't provide much benefit.