Jetbrains announce support for rust plugin, show them we want one too!

Ali via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 4 12:42:43 PDT 2017

On Friday, 4 August 2017 at 19:27:13 UTC, SCev wrote:
> yes, but would be cool to have official support from jetbrains,
> they know their ide/plugin API better than anyone else, so it'd
> speed up / improve dev of the plugin by a lot!
>
> Don't stay silent, post comment on their page :D

Well, according to the blog entry, the Rust plugin was a side
project for an intern

While this is official support, it seems they are not really
adding a lot more manpower behind it, it will mostly remain the
work for this intern

They dont have plans for a standalone rust ide, like clion for c++

In other words, it really didnt cost them much to support this
plugin

And I see very little commercial incentive for them to support D

I think a community support for the Dlang intellij plugin is our
best hope
we can start a kickstarter project and donate money to them ..
might work

I would donate to them if they also include a refactoring tool