ASCII-ART mandelbrot running under newCTFE

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 4 18:32:35 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 5 August 2017 at 01:22:46 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> On Friday, 4 August 2017 at 22:50:03 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
>> Hey Guys,
>> I just trans-compiled a brainfuck mandelbrot into ctfeable D.
>> newCTFE is able to execute it correctly (although it takes 3.5
>> minutes to do so).
>
> You planning to do the same thing with other languages?

Other Domain-Specific-Langauges ?
Sure that is a useful application.

However if you are asking about translating non-trivial langauges
like c++;
Frankly, there is little point in doing so.
Since non-trivial languages require non-trivial amounts of
parsing and semantic-processing.
This would more fittingly done in a separate application rather
then doing it at ctfe.