Did dmd forget how to read?

Johnson Jones via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 5 19:10:43 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 00:22:45 UTC, Cym13 wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 August 2017 at 23:54:45 UTC, Johnson Jones wrote:
>> main.d(157): Error: no property 'SetCursor' for type
>> 'gdk.Window.Window', did you mean 'getCursor'?
>>
>> um... anyone see bug? It's there, I promise.
>
> "setCursor" exists, but "SetCursor" doesn't (or your "bug"
> depends on code that you wrote and didn't share). I believe as
> both "setCursor" and "getCursor" are one character away from
> "SetCursor" dmd took the first one in alphabetic order or
> something. No need to panic ;)

No one is panicking, so you can stop panicking that you think
they are panicking.

The point is that setCursor is much closer to SetCursor than
getCursor. It should prioritize case differences first. SETCURSOR
should still match setcursor better than getcursor or getCURSOR
or whatever.

But I'll get you a ascii star for realizing the issue

  /\
<  >
  \/