Jetbrains announce support for rust plugin, show them we want one too!

Francis Nixon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 5 23:07:28 PDT 2017

I'm one of the people currently working on the D intellij
plugin(same username on github). We have a fairly comprehensive
CONTRIBUTING.md here:
https://github.com/intellij-dlanguage/intellij-dlanguage/blob/develop/CONTRIBUTING.md

Currently one of the problems I'm having is that D is really
complex(I assume everyone else trying to make a good D IDE as
this problem). This means features that are deceptively simple,
like goto declaration are quite complex. One thing that could
really help with this project would be a contributor with
experience on the D compiler, which could help with features like
goto declaration and code completion. Additionally I suspect that
we have mountains of bugs, so it would also be helpful to get
lots of user testing.