Jetbrains announce support for rust plugin, show them we want one too!

Dmitry via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 6 00:04:34 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 5 August 2017 at 16:22:18 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> As far as I can tell there are no good D development
> environments in the way there are C++, Go, Rust ones. I have no
> idea about Visual D since that involves Visual Studio which I
> think involves Windows and possibly money – though paying for a
> good development environment does usually imply better quality,
> support and maintenance.

About 90% of computers uses Windows, but D on Linux supported
better (for example, VS Code and Mono-D has debugging support).

Visual D also has some problems that sensitive for newbies. For
example, no DUB support.

P.S. I don't meant all possible features for IDE (like available
for Visual Studio + C# + Resharper, etc). Personally for me it
is: debugger, base refactoring, definition goto.