Jetbrains announce support for rust plugin, show them we want one too!

Dmitry via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 6 05:14:16 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 6 August 2017 at 10:24:42 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> I am sure Microsoft would declare that figure accurate for
> computers in general. I suspect though that it is totally
It's not Microsoft's statistic. StatCounter, Net Market Share,
etc.

> inaccurate for software developers, in that group I'd bet 40%
> use MacOS and 20% use Linux.
Are you told it as Linux/MacOS developer who always contacts with
Linux/MacOS developers? Looks like "A survey on the Internet
showed that 100% of people use the Internet" :)

I don't think so.
Why developer should use MacOS/Linux if the target platform is
Windows in most of cases?

Just for example. I'm a game developer and almost all game
developers who I know works on Windows (MacOS and Linux used by
less than 1% of them). BTW, Steam statistic: 96% - Windows.

Another example. A survey of developers (about 15K people) from
Russian IT site. Windows ~67%, Linux ~20%, MacOS ~11% (biggest
part of these Linux/MacOS developers uses it for web developing).

In any case, the result is same: the biggest platform supported
worse than others.