threads, fibers and GPU kernels

Suliman via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 7 00:38:34 PDT 2017

Modern GPU have thousands of GPU kernels, it's far from CPU
kernels, but it's interesting for me is there any chance that in
future they be used in same maner as CPU kernels?

If yes is there any reasons of exit for fibers? Or it would be
easier to map one thread to one kernel? On system with 1k
kernels/cores I do not see any reason for fibers for exiten.

Also here was few topics about D3. But what about about you are
thinging about threading model? I think in next 10 yers even CPU
would have 32-64 cores.