DMD license question

meppl via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 8 07:28:30 PDT 2017

On Monday, 7 August 2017 at 21:28:52 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as DMD is now under Boost Software License, can I distribute it
> as part of my commercial product?
>
> I want to provide script support within my application. The
> idea is to compile the scripts (D coding) to shared libraries
> and load the shared libraries into the main program.
>
> Kind regards
> André

in case your main application is written in D, too:  how do you
avoid symbol name collisions?

I think it would be nice to load shared libraries while runtime,
but i cant, because the symbol names of the imports get
duplicated which is not allowed. And D intentionally has no
namespace-feature for this