newCTFE Status August 2017

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 9 13:58:34 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 9 August 2017 at 18:27:37 UTC, 12345swordy wrote:
> On Wednesday, 9 August 2017 at 15:47:09 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 1 August 2017 at 21:27:32 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> After a bit of fixing and the unfortunate addition of 4
>> blacklisted functions, phobos complies and passes the
>> unittests under newCTFE. (Which implies that druntime compiles
>> and works as well)
>>
>> [...]
>
> You mention something about the CTFE extensions, can you give
> us an example/link of this extension in action?

Extensions ?
I am not sure what you are referring to.

the mission-statement is to provide a faster, less memory
trashing version of the CTFE feature.

newCTFE also aims to be extensible but using this for allowing
more functionality then CTFE currently allows is not part of the
current mission.

Cheers,
Stefan