Who here uses vibe-s3 from code.dlang.org?

Andres Clari via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 10 08:49:35 PDT 2017

On Monday, 7 August 2017 at 22:46:57 UTC, aberba wrote:
> vibe-s3 (https://code.dlang.org/packages/vibe-s3) is an Amazon
> s3 object storage API for D.
>
> Has anyone here used or tested it? What was your experiences?
> It has the tagline "this library is highly alpha and mostly
> untested. use at your own risk".

Last time I tested it around Nov, 2016, it was very buggy. I'm
using an in-house deimos wrapper for "libs3".

I would be awesome to have some native library for S3, and other
AWS stuff, but I'm very thrown back by having it depend on
vibe.d. Nothing against it, but say you just want to make a
simple upload utility specialized, having to depend on vibe.d for
that really is something unacceptable.

Ideally we'd wanna have a library for the whole Amazon auth stuff
wrapped, and libraries for the specific services you want to use,
being as standalone as possible.