Jetbrains announce support for rust plugin, show them we want one too!

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 11 04:34:44 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 9 August 2017 at 07:59:46 UTC, Ryion wrote:
> this here because its obvious pattern. I agree that this seems
> to be a very small community and it is hard to get things done
> in a small community. But it is counter productive to
> constantly tell people that there is no solution, they need to
> do it or pay for it. Its like hearing a broken record that
> keeps skipping to the same beat.

It's a sign of a lack of strategy.

Other languages such as Dart had an IDE strategy from the start.
Dart even provided a full Eclipse based IDE until JetBrains
included support (then the Dart team dropped their own IDE).

Without a central organized IDE project it will be hard to reach
maturity for any such effort (unless the language is popular to
sustain the development of a commercial IDE).