Need some vibe.d hosting advice

aberba via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 11 06:06:54 PDT 2017

So I'm into this platform with a vibe.d api server + back-end and
I'm confused/curious to know the hosting package to use. I will
have a lot of images uploaded by users.

1. For sometime, I've been looking at heroku which is fine with
its load balancer, easily scaling etc. But the hosting cost for a
startup is high and (most importantly) requires an external
storage either s3 or cloudinary which no lib in D currently exist
for them (stable).

2. Get an EC2 instance from Amazon or Vultr and install
everything yourself and save images on disc (potentially
problematic). This can not be scaled easily

3. use a self-hosted PaaS like Flynn (aka self hosted heroku)
...but you still have to store images in an object storage and a
D api is needed for this. Which links back to point 1 but less
costly and more control.

How would you do it if you were using vibe.d?

(With node.js, all these are solved).