jai-like CTFE string formating

Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 12 19:07:08 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 13 August 2017 at 00:42:08 UTC, Manu wrote:
> On 13 August 2017 at 00:15, Stefan Koch via Digitalmars-d <
>> [ ... ]
>
> If you're keen to introduce a new function, I'd strongly
> suggest changing to {1} {2} {3}, or %1 %2 %3, format/printf
> functions where you don't supply the place index are useless a
> lot of the time and need to be rewritten, which is a tedious
> task.

I am not too keen introducing a new function, given that it most
likely won't be accepted into phobos.

However your suggestion is indeed a good suggestion.
The check would then see if the number of args are equal to the
max index.
And it would check that all indices from 0 to maxIdx are used at
least once.

Thanks,
Stefan