Named multi-imports

Johnson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 15 13:33:18 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 15 August 2017 at 03:37:39 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> On 15/08/2017 2:59 AM, Johnson wrote:
>> Not only that, but it requires adding more files to the
>> command line.
>>
>> I currently have 3 import files to separate the gtk from gdk
>> that and the only reason they exist is to combine them in to
>> one named import ;/
>>

>> Doesn't seem like much but that's 3 extra files that don't
>> really need to exist.
>>
>> Hopefully D already implements a way to do what I'm asking.
>
> Or instead of a new language feature, the gtk-d guys could have
> package files ;)

But then that only helps with one specific instance. D is full of
language features, I do not see why everyone is so against them.
Without them, D would be empty, nothing, and no one would use it.
Adding language features should be see as something good, cause
without them, we wouldn't get anywhere.