Stefan Koch: New CTFE fix

Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 16 03:03:56 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 16 August 2017 at 07:24:36 UTC, Biotronic wrote:

> When Moritz commented on your use of 'do' as a function name,
> that may have been unnecessary for a discussion of your problem.

I would contend that when discussing semantics (that is the PL's
syntax is not open for change as part of the discussion) it's
common courtesy to use valid syntax.
You're right in that it was unnecessary to discuss the issue he
was describing, but it was relevant to me as a matter of
principle.

> That is, until we have a functioning __ctfeWrite in druntime.
> The function is already in druntime's object.d, and is just
> awaiting an implementation[2]. That implementation will
> possibly have to wait for Stefan's CTFE makeover to complete.

Well, my implementation attempt I linked to earlier [1] passes
the auto tester for the test in Stefan's original PR and so far
it works as expected in all my personal cases. If you find
something wrong with it, please comment on the PR's page :)

[1] https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/7082