Named multi-imports

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 16 10:14:49 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 16 August 2017 at 14:42:51 UTC, Mike Wey wrote:

> Wouldn't that just move the problem?
>
> You then get an package that imports gtk.Window and a other
> package that imports gdk.Window, and if you want to use both
> you still need to add a renamed import or a static import in
> your own file.

I don't know anything about gtkd, but I think he means something
like below.

.\gtkd\package.d
module gtkd;
public import gtk;
public import gdk;
...etc

.\gtkd\gtk\package.d
module gtk;
public import gtk.Window;
...etc

.\gtkd\gdk\package.d
module gdk;
public import gdk.Window;
...etc

So you should then be able to do something like
import gtkd : functionThatDoesntOverlap;
import gtk = gtkd.gtk : functionThatDoesOverlap;
import gdk = gtkd.gdk : functionThatDoesOverlap;

A longer-term solution is for something like
import gtkd;
to only pull in the functions/structs/classes/etc that are
actually used.