dmd download record

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 18 05:59:07 PDT 2017

Downloads from dlang.org, which doesn't include outside distro
packages like Arch or FreeBSD, have now jumped an order of
magnitude over the last five years:

http://erdani.com/d/downloads.daily.png

Congrats to all those who kept their head down grinding away on
code, including the enlightening technical debates in this forum,
as opposed to all the armchair strategists opining "What D really
needs is..." but not submitting any pull requests (I partake in
such strategizing too, but I have also contributed PRs to further
the mobile effort, for example).

Ldc has seen similar gains, look at the increased downloads over
the last two years:

http://www.somsubhra.com/github-release-stats/?username=ldc-developers&repository=ldc

Here's to the next order of magnitude jump!