Exception chaining and collectException

Nemanja Boric via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 19 13:58:51 PDT 2017

On Friday, 18 August 2017 at 22:51:35 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> If we are to remove them, what happens when exceptions would
>> normally chain?
>
> In C++, throwing an exception while unwinding is a fatal error.

Well, you still can throw it, but you're not allowed to let it
escape the destructor (you need to catch them before they would
chain).

C++ also provides a way to inspect if you're in the middle of the
stack unwinding caused by an exception, to make this a bit more
controllable, and I would think we should provide the similar
primitive:
http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/error/uncaught_exception.