Community Rant

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 23 11:20:19 PDT 2017

On 08/22/2017 08:24 AM, ixid wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 August 2017 at 15:14:33 UTC, Jonathan Shamir wrote:
>> various.
>
> Out of interest did you pick up D before or after joining the start up?
> If before did you introduce D to them or were they already using it?

Weka uses D after their CTO Liran's evaluation of a number of
programming languages. Liran explains why he chose D and why he still
thinks D was the right choice in his a couple of DConf talks.

I worked at Weka for a while where I met many wonderful people like
Jonathan. Although they were being "forced" to use D, nobody was
seriously complaining. :)

Now I work with an ex-Weka employee as an ex-Weka employee myself. That
other person insisted that he should use D in his piece of the product.
Sanity exists... ;)

Ali