Interpolated strings

Biotronic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 24 05:47:01 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 24 August 2017 at 11:07:16 UTC, Suliman wrote:
> All modern languages like Dart and C# have string
> interpolation. Sharp example:
>
> Console.WriteLine($"Hello {args[0]}!");
>
> Who can summary is there any objective reasons why it's not
> realized in D?

As Raymond Chen once said[1], because no one implemented it.

That certainly is part of the answer. If you want other
"objective" reasons, there basically are none. It's technically
possible to implement, but D devs haven't found it necessary or
to their liking.

Plenty of reasons for not implementing it have been given in this
thread. You may disagree, in which case I encourage you to write
a DIP and implement it.

--
   Biotronic

[1]