What are we going to do about mobile?

Ryion via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 24 08:43:57 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 24 August 2017 at 14:28:07 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> Unfortunately, not everything works great. Like LDC being
>> version 0.14.0 ( 2014! ) on the Pi3 Debian images. And well,
>> "_Unwind_RaiseException failed with reason code: 2128056904",
>> on a simply compile. Not exactly hopeful.
>
> Have you tried this more recent build of ldc 1.1.0 (third link
> in Downloads section at bottom)?
>
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.1.0

Thanks. I checked the 1.3.0 but there was no ARM build. Did not
realize there is one for 1.1.0.

For anybody finding this using google search, simply do the
following to install:

> wget
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/download/v1.1.0/ldc2-1.1.0-linux-armhf.tar.xz
> sudo tar -C /usr/local -xf ldc2-1.1.0-linux-armhf.tar.xz
> export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/ldc2-1.1.0-linux-armhf/bin

My code now works correctly again. Doing some benchmarks
Apache+PHP vs Go vs D on the Raspberry Pi 3.

n=100000 c=500

Apache: 1488 seconds
Requests per second: 67.20

Go+Gin: 123 seconds
Requests per second: 812.23

D: 149 seconds
Requests per second: 629.46

D is running a simple socket + limited HTTP 1.0/REST framework
that i gobbled together. No optimizations. Go is running a
complete HTTP/REST framework so it has more overhead.
Apache+PHP5.6 simply suffer beyond belief.

Take in account, the D has only been done on a single core! Where
all the others used all 4 cores.

Impressive even if its not apples to apples comparison.