Promoting TutorialsPoint's D tutorial

Ecstatic Coder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 26 15:26:00 PDT 2017

First I'd like to say the Dlang-Tour is a very good idea.

Personally, *everytime* I push the "next" button I'm surprised
there is *only* 1 example, while I'd expect at least 3 or 4
examples showing :
1. how to declare, use and print variables, including strings,
slices and maps.
2. how to declare imperative functions
3. how to declare classes with attributes and methods
4. how to call functions and methods with the same dot notation,
with or without parentheses

Anyway, that's not what I wanted to say in this post.

My point is that when you arrive to the further reading, you are
invited to buy Ali's book :

"Basic resources

     New to programming? This book is a great starting place for
beginners"

I've no problem with that, but would it be possible to consider
adding also a link to this tutorial in the same paragraph ?

https://www.tutorialspoint.com/d_programming/

It's not because TutorialsPoint pay me, but because it may be one
of the best D tutorials out there for both beginner D programmers.

And honestly, at the moment it's not really that easy to reach
this tutorial from the dlang website.

First you have to push on "Tutorials", then in the middle of the
page you see a boring flat grey icon with this text beside :

"D programming
Unknown
January 1, 2015
A nice introductory tutorial to D programming. Available on-line
and in the PDF format.
Website"

The text is fine, but unfortunately the impersonal icon and text
("D programming") aren't that inviting...

If you don't want to put the link on the "Further reading page",
maybe would you consider putting this nice tutorial for beginners
just under the four official D books, before the more advanced
readings ?

I guess many beginner D programmers will thank you :)

Because a few month ago I've been that beginner D programmer, and
sadly I've completely missed this perfect tutorial. And I've just
explained you why...

So why not supposing other programmers will have the same
problem, and maybe miss it just like me ?