Promoting TutorialsPoint's D tutorial

ag0aep6g via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 26 15:47:38 PDT 2017

On 08/27/2017 12:26 AM, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
> My point is that when you arrive to the further reading, you are invited
> to buy Ali's book :

You can read Ali's book online for free.

[...]
> I've no problem with that, but would it be possible to consider adding
> also a link to this tutorial in the same paragraph ?
>
> https://www.tutorialspoint.com/d_programming/

I'd vote against that. It seems poorly written.

* There are multiple grammatical errors in the first paragraph alone.
* The hello work example is repeated multiple times on the first pages,
always with a pointless `args` parameter on `main`.
* The download links go to 2.064.2, which is several years old.
* The "first D program" has the line `writeln("test!");`. Its output is
given as "test", missing the exclamation mark.

As far as I see, it's just not good.