Promoting TutorialsPoint's D tutorial

Ecstatic Coder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 27 04:26:58 PDT 2017

> You're reading the spec. Teaching is not the spec's first
> priority. It's not a tutorial or a programming textbook.
>
> Have you tried Ali's book? The page on modules is here:
>
> http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/modules.html
>
> Wait a second. Large parts of that are word-for-word the same
> as on the tutorialspoint page [1]. Looks like one of the
> authors copied from the other one. From the bad impression I've
> got of tutorialspoint, I'd guess that they copied from Ali.
>

> [1]
> https://www.tutorialspoint.com/d_programming/d_programming_modules.htm

Ok I understand your point.

But sorry to repeat myself, but IMO, for D beginners, dlang.org
is at best, a labyrinth, at worst, a complete mess.

Very honestly.

https://tour.dlang.org/

I'm still convinced that this page is tweaked to become the new
main landing page.

"Welcome to D

What is D?

D is the culmination of decades of experience implementing
compilers for many diverse languages and has a unique set of
features:

     high level constructs for great modeling power
     high performance, compiled language
     static typing
     direct interface to the operating system API's and hardware
     blazingly fast compile-times
     memory-safe subset (SafeD)
     maintainable, easy to understand code
     gradual learning curve (C-like syntax, similar to Java and
others)
     compatible with C application binary interface
     limited compatibility with C++ application binary interface
     multi-paradigm (imperative, structured, object oriented,
generic, functional programming purity, and even assembly)
     built-in error detection (contracts, unittests)

... and many more {features}.

Take a tour

Want to try D online ? Simply click on the "run" button (or
Ctrl-enter) below the example on the right to compile and run it.
And the example can be freely edited if you want to experiment
with D programming.

If you want to see other examples, click on the "next" button
below to see the next example of the dlang-tour.

Further readings

* New to programming? Learn programming quickly and easily with
the D language, using these freely downloadable books :

   * {http://ddili.org/ders/d.en/index.html}
   * {https://www.tutorialspoint.com/d_programming/}

* Already an experienced programmer? ...

etc"

Just add the 4 examples I suggested, and you have a brand-new
beginner-friendly website without changing anything else to the
website canvas.