Promoting TutorialsPoint's D tutorial

Ryion via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 27 12:29:03 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 27 August 2017 at 18:51:00 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
> Thanks, but as I pointed out, the website's design is of no
> interest to me personally.

> As I said, you aren't going to change my interests (and I'm
> reasonable convinced you won't change other peoples', either).

> Add my voice to that corpus - I honestly don't care what the
> website looks like.

This whole topic is about improving the website. The fact that
you are already a well versed D programmer that sees no
usefulness in actually improving the readability of the site is
irrelevant.

The constant repeating that it does not interest you, simply
discourages people. Same with pointing out that ( you think ) he
can not change other people his minds. I personally think he is
right and the site is not information friendly. Lots of content
does not mean its useful if that content is badly presented.

If somebody is spending a lot of time simply writing issues that
they think can be improved, let them try. Even if it dies later
in the topic.

If this topic did not exist, i will not have found out that Adam
has a experimental library, that hands over heels wins compared
to the current massive text blob. Even if its a few versions
behind, its way more clean and easy to use the what is now on the
website.

http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/std.html

So at minimum one positive thing came from the topic.