Promoting TutorialsPoint's D tutorial

Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 27 13:24:32 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 27 August 2017 at 19:29:03 UTC, Ryion wrote:
> On Sunday, 27 August 2017 at 18:51:00 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner
> wrote:
>> Thanks, but as I pointed out, the website's design is of no
>> interest to me personally.
>
>> As I said, you aren't going to change my interests (and I'm
>> reasonable convinced you won't change other peoples', either).
>
>> Add my voice to that corpus - I honestly don't care what the
>> website looks like.
>
> This whole topic is about improving the website. The fact that
> you are already a well versed D programmer that sees no
> usefulness in actually improving the readability of the site is
> irrelevant.

That's a strawmen, since I didn't voice an opinion about it's
usefulness. I said it doesn't interest me; what *does* interest
me is trying to ensure that peoples' ideas don't have to die off
in the forum, i.e. that they know (if they have the time and
interest) what to do in order for them to be incorporated.

> The constant repeating that it does not interest you, simply
> discourages people.

If you recall my initial post, all I did was point out the places
to send a PR to if he wants the changes to be incorporated.
W.r.t. expressing my disinterest in the particulars of the topic:
I've only done so when I judged him to attempt to engage me about
them in a way where just not replying would've been rude.

> Same with pointing out that ( you think ) he can not change
> other people his minds.

My (apparently too implicit) point was that he shouldn't have to
care about what I, or others, are interested in. If he cares
about it and has the time and will to do it (which so far I've
not seen a contrary statement of his to), the way to go is to
make a PR, because that'll (eventually) yield an official
reaction by the appropriate people.

> I personally think he is right and the site is not information
> friendly. Lots of content does not mean its useful if that
> content is badly presented.

You don't seem to want me to express my (dis)interest in the
particulars of the topic, yet you respond to me in a way that's
designed to elicit that response from me. I find that confusing.

> If somebody is spending a lot of time simply writing issues
> that they think can be improved, let them try. Even if it dies
> later in the topic.

Why do you imply that I'm trying to stop someone?

> If this topic did not exist, i will not have found out that
> Adam has a experimental library, that hands over heels wins
> compared to the current massive text blob. Even if its a few
> versions behind, its way more clean and easy to use the what is
> now on the website.
>
> http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/std.html
>
> So at minimum one positive thing came from the topic.

That's why one of my earlier responses contained