Promoting TutorialsPoint's D tutorial

ag0aep6g via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 27 13:45:50 PDT 2017

On 08/27/2017 10:13 PM, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
> I still do not understand why they have made so many separated Github
> account for just one website. Just using sub folders on the same Github
> account would have been a much simpler solution, so that it's easy to
> make changes to the website on a more global scale...

The beauty of decentralized, volunteer-driven development.

forum.dlang.org, code.dlang.org, and tour.dlang.org started as
independent projects by different authors. They were later integrated
into dlang.org, but so far they remain as separate projects, using
different technology, having their own maintainers, etc.

I agree that dealing with multiple repositories can be annoying. But
people have to prioritize what they work on, and merging everything into
one is probably not high on the list. For the people who maintain it, it
works reasonably well as it is.